If Cold Beer & Tailgating at the Dome is not your thing here is a list of events going on in Atlanta prior to KickOff !!!
Fan Night at the Georgia Aquarium
* Football fans can visit the world’s largest aquarium for just $17.00 per person (regularly $26) during special hours, 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.
* Jazz Band in Atrium at 7 p.m. for JAZZ JOURNEY’S
* Food Court and Cash Bar available FOR PURCHASE until 9 p.m.
* All tickets must be purchased in advance
ESPN College GameDay Built by The Home Depot
* From 10 am – noon in Centennial Olympic Park fans can be join Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso and Desmond Howard as College GameDay opens the 2009 live from Atlanta.
The Kickoff Cookoff presented by Texas Pete
* From noon until 5 p.m., football fans can enjoy the sights, sounds, smells and flavor of the perfect football tailgating event
* Six grilling aficionados will compete against each other in the Kickoff Cook-off Texas Pete presented by Texas Pete, where Miss Texas Pete will be in attendance
* Atlanta’s top executive chefs will demonstrate how to grill the perfect burger, the perfect steak and make their favorite tailgate food
* Located on the East Plaza of the Georgia World Congress Center
Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game FanZone presented by Coca-Cola Zero
* From noon until 6 p.m. in Building A of the Georgia World Congress Center, football fans can enjoy music, food, games, official team radio shows, the official event merchandise store and the World’s Largest Indoor Pep Rally.
* Team bands, cheerleaders, mascots and other special guests will make special appearances
* Tickets are available in advance or at the door for $5
Bama Bash and Tech Tailgate
* Tickets are $65 and include live entertainment, an appearance from the team cheerleaders, a full meal featuring a variety of meats, sides and dessert, and one drink coupon per person. A cash bar will also be available.
* The event runs from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. and will be held at the Georgia World Congress Center
If you like, Nascar is in town too.. Sunday Night under the lights at AMS.