- Kicker Corey Smith (transferred to West Virginia).
- Linebacker Prince Hall (transferred to Central Washington).
- Linebacker Jennings Hester (medical scholarship).
- Offensive lineman Evan Cardwell (earned degree).
- Linebacker Charlie Kirschman (earned degree).
- Wide receiver Chris Jackson (transferred to Georgia Tech).
- Defensive back Alonzo Lawrence (transfer pending).
- Linebacker Brandon Fanney (transfer pending).
- Preyear (transfer pending).
- Defensive lineman Quinton Dial did not academically qualify.
- Potential Grayshirt Anthony Orr.
- Potential Grayshirt Kellen Williams.
- Potential Grayshirt Kendall Kelly.
- Eddie Lacy is Awaiting approval from the NCAA Clearinghouse.
- Darrington Sentimore is Awaiting approval from the NCAA Clearinghouse.
REDSHIRT = A player has participated in a college's academic year, but did not participate during that year's sports season. By redshirting, a player gains an opportunity to learn schemes and techniques, rehabilitate an injury, learn a new position and/or physically develop without losing a year of eligibility.
GRAYSHIRT = An incoming player who waits until the second semester to enroll rather than the fall. College athletes are allowed a five year calendar to play four seasons. The calendar begins once one is enrolled. By waiting until the spring to start college, a player will be playing his last season in the sixth year after high school rather than the fifth. "